Saturday we decided to try going to the Burlington Mall and Catherine's clothes store so that I can try to find some professional clothes in case I get an interview with Liberty Mutual. I have already met with the HR department so I really don't want to have to wear the same thing. It was a little cloudy and VERY humid!! We went to the mall first and had some lunch. We saw they had a Johnny Rockets and I haven't been to one in quite a while so we went there. It was really good! I haven't really been able to eat that much hard food lately with my tooth issue so I was very careful to eat only on the left side. After that we did some shopping and then went to Catherine's which was in a separate area. I didn't have any luck. It is so frustrating that since I have moved here I can't find any clothes that I like or that fit me right! I will have to check out Lane Bryant or shop online. We gave up and headed home to spend the rest of the day with or Little Man (aka Riley). We watched the movie "Role Models" last night and "Swing Vote" and they were both really good. We were a little annoyed with the ending of Swing Vote but please don't spoil it for others if you read this...I don't want anyone that wanted to watch it get annoyed with me for spoiling the ending...:)
Sunday morning we decided to get out and do something. It was a BEAUTIFUL morning and so we headed out. We had breakfast at the Cheesecake Factory (I need to go grocery shopping..we were out of milk!). I was surprised that CF served breakfast but they do. I had scrambled eggs and potatoes and it was pretty good. The potatoes were a little cool to my taste but I just ate it. Kevin had french toast and OH MY GOD it was good! He didn't eat it all and I had a few bites...LOL. While we were eating breakfast Kevin got the idea to head out to Plymouth. We went down to the water and there are tons of shops and restaurants. We walked all over the place! We went and saw the Mayflower II and the Plymouth Rock which was really cool:) We also went into some stores and walked by the water. We talked to a guy that was taking pictures down by the water. We told him we were originally from Seattle and he said he served in the Navy in Whidbey Island years ago..he was really nice. It was 80 degrees and even though we were by the water it was not a cool breeze...we decided before we left to have some ice cream and cold water. The ice cream was half melted before we sat down to eat it! LOL After we had our ice cream we headed for home.
Once we got home Kevin and Riley decided to take a nap so I went in the bedroom and watched TV while they slept. It was a nice way to end the busy day. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!
Check out Ace's blog for her Saturday Cell Phone Collage - On Sunday. She was the one that created this fun way of showing what you did on the weekend! :)








4 comments:
I looove the collage, as always!!! I love that in so many of the pictures I see of your cute hubby he is wearing shirts and hats from Boston sports teams!!! He is looking like he lived here his whole life!!! Did you realize the highway sign (It look like you were on 93) is pointing out my city...Peabody!?!
Let's see...other fun stuff to explore. Definitely have to get up to Gloucester and Rockport. Beautiful seaside towns. In the summer on the weekends in the North End in Boston ("little Italy") they have street festivals. They call them feasts. St. Anthony's Feast at the end of the summer is the best. The Fisherman's Feast is really good, too! If you want some fabulous homemade ice cream head to Richardson's in Middleton. They have two miniature golf courses there, and a driving range and batting cages. It gets packed on summer nights. I still think you have to do the tour of all the papercrafting stores! :-) You could head to southern NH and check out Hampton Beach. It does get really crowded and it can be kind of a teen/early 20's/townie crowd sometimes, but the beach is nice and there is almost a boardwalk type boulevard running along it with shops, restaurants, arcades, games, etc. Kittery Maine in southern Maine has a lot of outlets and a little beyond that in York is the Stonewall Kitchen flagship store. Then you can continue in to York, Ogunquit and Wells or even beyond in to Kennebunkport. All beautiful seacoast towns. And totally doable in a day. Rileu could even tag along! Whenever we do these things we bring Bailey, too! Salem is nice to visit. A lot of history...all the witch trial stuff. Lots of historic homes. Decent waterfront. The North Shore Mall here in Peabody is one of the biggest in MA. Boston Harbor cruises are always nice. They have them during the day and dinner cruises at night. You can also take the boats to the harbor islands to explore.
Fall is more my time. When that comes I can come up with millions of things for you both to do!!!!!!
I took that sign showing Peabody for your sake...LOL because I knew you lived there:) I will definitely have to do some of the other things you suggested:) Kevin loves all Boston Sports!:)
Christa, I think you and Kristen need to meet up halfway at a dog park or something. I think that would be a big FUN thing to do! I would love to see the two of you meet someday. Soon.
I love those tall sail ships, theyre so beautiful. And Kevin does look much happier than I have ever seen him.
I love the pic of the mayflower. Amazing! Maybe one of these days when our house situation is better I can talk hubby into vacationing in Boston. I bet we could talk Nikki into visiting you and then we could all meet up! Well, I can dream at least!
Post a Comment