Guess what we are having for dinner??

OH my gosh!! You can't believe I am serious!!?? I found this picture when I was trying to find a picture of the real dinner...SERIOUSLY why would ANYONE want to eat this?? ICK!
Ok..for the real reason for my blog post today.....
One thing that my family did every single Sunday was have a nice family dinner...well we had family dinners every night, but Sundays we would eat our dinner for lunch...Linner if you may call it. One of my most favorite dinners/linners we would have is pot roast cooked in foil with potatoes & carrots. It is super easy to make and there is always lots of leftovers for lunches. The only part I hate is the peeling the potatoes and carrots...the rest is a piece of cake! Here is a picture I got off the internet...

3 pound Chuck roast
1 can of cream of mushroom soup (I use two for more gravy)
1 packet of onion soup mix
About 4 potatoes peeled and cut up
About 5 carrots peeled and cut up
In a 13X9 pan put in some foil (have about 2 inches of foil up both sides and at the end). Put the roast in the middle of the pan. Mix the soup and onion soup mix up in a bowl. Spread over meat. I save a little to put on the veggies. Put the potatoes and carrots around the roast and put the rest of the soup mix on the potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of water around the veggies. Seal the foil all around the sides and end. Cook in a 300 degree oven for 4 hours.
The nice thing about this meal is it makes its own gravy...just skim the fat off the gravy before serving...and I guarantee you this is the best pot roast you will ever eat!! The meat just falls apart and the potatoes and carrots are perfectly cooked.
I have mine in the oven right now and I can already smell it....yummy!!
I hope your all having a good weekend! We didn't do too much. Yesterday we went and had our oil changed in the car...it was down to 10% oil life so it was time! With our car they make you wait until its at 15% or less to do the oil change. After we did that we went to the New Balance store to get me some new shoes for our trip. I also got some new orthodics that they sell there...my orthodics are falling apart and I didn't want to spend another $250 for new ones to be made. These are actually more comfortable and they are only $39! They feel like they support my arch a little better. I did notice though after wearing them for a couple hours yesterday my hips and legs were a little sore...that happens when you walk differently. After that we had some lunch and went to Costco to pick up a few things...you know how that goes! We got some strawberries, grapes, Vita tops dark chocolate muffin tops!! Yes they have them at Costco now...I LOVE these things! We also got some bagels for breakfasts next week:)
Then we came home and chilled out the rest of the day! Today I went grocery shopping and got dinner in the oven around 2...and I watched the movie on Demand called "Dear John"...I LOVED it...total chick flick! Now I am going to relax and catch up on some blogs and get ready for work tomorrow. One week from today and we will be in Disney World!!! I am so excited!! That's it for now folks...take care and I will catch ya later! :)





2 comments:
I knew you would NEVER eat anything with a face like the pig's!! And especially not Kevin... he would NEVER forgive you if you served that pig head!
Mmm! That looks and sounds delicious! I always adore special Sunday meals. They make family time oh so special. :)
Post a Comment