Saturday, September 18, 2010

White Mountains - Part 2...FINALLY! LOL

I know I am about 2 months late...but I just haven't been in the mood to blog and just kind of lost the motivation...but now I have sooo much to blog about I will just have to set some up for the week:)

On Day 2 we got up and had breakfast at the hotel...Kristen and I had breakfast first and then the guys went after so that one of us could stay with our dogs...Once the Kevin's were done we decided to go take some pictures of the beautiful scenery around the White Mountains...but first Kristen wanted to take me to a store called Christmas Loft in North Woodstock...oh my gosh I loved this store!! The guys stayed in the car with the puppies and we did a little shopping. I bought a cute ornament for our Christmas tree saying New Hampshire on it.

After we got the shopping done we took a drive out north to a little scenic area called Cannon Mountain. This was Riley's first time being out in the mountains and he LOVED the water! Here are some pictures:


This was so beautiful!!

After our stop here we headed to The Basin. It was a beautiful walk through the woods and there are waterfalls and shallow streams. I loved walking through here and taking alot of pictures. I am trying to limit the pictures because I probably came home from this trip with well over 200 pictures! LOL


This is my all time favorite picture of Kevin and Riley...poor little guy was so hot!!

We headed back to Lincoln because they were having a 4th of July parade. It was an old town parade and it was really fun! Riley didn't know what to think about it...however when the ambulance and fire trucks came with their sirens blaring he took off and wanted nothing to do with it..so Kevin took him back to the car...poor guy!

This was before the fire trucks and the sirens!

And Bailey just enjoyed the parade...the noises didn't bother him at all!





After the parade we decided to drive down the Kancamagus Highway and take some more pictures...it was so quiet and peaceful...

Riley enjoying the sites!

I LOVE this picture of the boys!
Bailey is looking a bit tired....
Riley was also getting a little sleepy....

Plop! He was pooped!




That night they had a beautiful fireworks display. Our hotel was in the perfect spot. We just had to go out to the street and we watched the fireworks...since Riley didn't seem to mind the fireworks back in Seattle we tried bringing him out with us...but NOPE! As soon as they started he freaked out so Kevin took him inside...

The next morning we packed up and headed back home..we were all exhausted!! Including the dogs...Riley slept for 3 days before he was back to himself! He had never had so much activity in his life! Well that is it! Hope you all enjoyed the pictures....I will catch you up on more stuff soon!! I promise I will not take 2 months to blog again!! :)

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Riley - is SOOOOO cute!!! We haven't done the Basin yet - my fear is the kids would be exhausted and expect their father to carry them out! And where he would already be carrying me out they would be out of luck ;)

Looks like you guys had fun!!

Furry Bottoms said...

These pictures are great! I miss that Riley dog!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin