I know...what can be happy about Sunday?? It's the end of the weekend and back to work tomorrow...but at least we have a tomorrow...just thinking about all that we take for granted and after watching the 911 stories on TV I am thankful to have all the friends and family that I have! And I have NOTHING to complain about! God Bless all of the people that died, the families left behind and all the military for fighting for our freedom!
Now that that has been said...we have had a busy and fun weekend! Yesterday we went downtown to do some walking and have some fun! I love taking pictures and I got some really good ones. It was a beautiful day!! We walked out to Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market and then we had some lunch at UBurger...which was awesome! After that we walked through The Boston Garden and did the Swan boat ride...it is something they do in the summer. Its a boat that has benches on it and there is a person in the back that pedals to make the boat go. They go all along the lake and you can see the ducks, swans and turtles...its very peaceful and a fun thing to do. Then we went to the Public Gardens where I was able to take some more pictures...I LOVE it there and I could spend all day there! Here are some pictures from the day:

On the "T" on the way downtown...I just love my hubby!!

One of the many historical and beautiful churches...

The Original State House where the Declaration of Independence was read for the first time.


Quincy Market...lots of shops and restaurants are all around the building.

Faneuil Hall (Front of bldg)

Faneuil Hall(back of bldg). Right across from the Quincy Market.
Where we had lunch...VERY good! We walked off all of it too! LOL
The Public Garden...where the Swan Boats are..
Gorgeous flowers here!

George Washington
The Boston Garden...beautiful park!!
The Esplanade. The were having a Heart Walk and there was a band playing.
State House #2
The "real" Cheers Bar (that the show was based off of)
While we were downtown Riley was having a spa day...getting a bath and a haircut...which as you can see from the before and after picture it was very much needed!!

Before...

And after...my cutie pie!!
Sunday we didn't do a whole lot. Got up and watched some of the 911 Memorial and then went to BJ's to get some fruit and some other groceries...and then I went to the grocery store and got the rest of the groceries for the week. Kevin and I have been following a plan with an app on our phone called "My Fitness Pal". It is super easy to use and I love it so far! It basically tracks your calories and exercise and it is almost like Facebook where you can have friends and put statuses and it will tell everyone that you have logged for the day and how much you lost...it is nice because you can get support as your losing. Also one thing I really like is when your done logging for the day it will tell you what weight you will be at in 5 weeks if you continue eating the way you are...so it gives you a lot of encouragement. I made a new recipe tonight out of a diabetic cookbook. Chicken Enchiladas. It was so good I will be making it again! Its only 260 calories per serving (6 servings). I made it with some corn and called it a meal! Here is a picture of it:
If anyone would like the recipe let me know and I will post it...I have rambled on enough for one day...I hope you all have a great week! I have a 4 day work week!! Looking forward to my scrapbooking wekend with my friend Kristen and her Mom! Take care!!












1 comments:
Thank you for sharing your life with us on your blog. I've missed you a lot.
I love Riley's before and after pictures, LOL!!
Damn that red T Shirt Kevin was wearing. Grr. It looks good on him though, so I shouldn't complain.
Post a Comment