Hello everyone!! I am 40 years old and I have never cooked a turkey! Now that I am living on the east coast I thought I would try to make one all on my own...well with a little of Kristen's help (thank you for the bag by the way!! It made it so juicy!!) I got up this morning and made the stuffing. I got the recipe off the internet and it was absolutely delicious!! It had sausage, poultry seasoning, bag of herb stuffing mix, celery, onions and chicken stock. Then I prepared the turkey and stuffed it and put it in the turkey bag. Kristen used one of these bags and it cooks it and almost steams it so it is nice and juicy. Brushed the turkey with some melted butter and some browning sauce and seasoned it with some salt & pepper and sealed the bag and put it in the oven. It took about 3 hours to cook and when it had 5 degrees left to cook I took it out to rest on the counter. While it rested it was still cooking and reached the 180 degrees. I got the drippings and made some gravy...it turned out better than I thought it would being my first time! :) Kevin said it all when he took his first bite and hummed "MMMMMM":)
We have plenty of leftovers....we will have lunches for all of next week and a few nights worth of stuffing and fruit salad...:) I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am going to post some pictures of dinner...enjoy:)

Good old Butterball!!

Icky!!! Got the giblets and neck out!
In the oven we go!
Resting....

Nice and golden brown...meat just fell off the bone!
Our spread....
LOTS of leftovers!!





5 comments:
Yum! Everything looks delicious. :)
I've never cooked a turkey and Im not that far behind you in years. lol We always go to my parents and my Mom cooks the turkey! :) I think if I ever had to cook the turkey day meal Id use just the breasts. No one eats ANY of the dark meat anyway. lol But I cant tell my mom to do it any differently lol :) Looks like a great meal!!!
You done good, girlie!!! xo
I missed this post somehow!!! I'm so sowwy.
That turkey looks so good! You did a lot better than I did when I made my first turkey 20 years ago. The turkey baked, but it remained WHITE!! I thought it was the grossest thing I'd ever seen, LOL I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving!
How are you turkey sandwiches coming along? :)
Post a Comment