Saturday, December 11, 2010

Our Trip to Disney World...Part 1

I know...its been a while...I am sorry for not blogging for a while but things have been busy and to tell you the truth I just didn't feel like blogging....but I am back! :) We had a great trip to Disney World. The weather was warm but not humid so we were able to do alot more than our last trip. We arrived in Disney World on a Saturday night. We stayed at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. It was really nice. It was a better location than the last place we stayed. It was more in the middle of things and not the last bus stop. The only thing I didn't like about it was it was so big you had to take a bus to get around the hotel and there were 7 stops within the hotel grounds. But other than that it was really nice! Here are a few pictures of the grounds...


This is the food court at the hotel. They have anything from pizza to grilled sandwiches.

After eating some dinner at the food court we headed to the Magic Kingdom. It was all decorated for Christmas. It was so beautiful!! Here is a picture when you first walk through the gate. The Disney Railroad and the Mickey head made of poinsettias. Somehow I was able to get a shot of it with NO ONE in it! That is highly unusual so it was a treat!

And the castle was unbelievable!! They had it all draped in lights and it would change colors. Here are a few pictures of the castle. It is pretty in the photos but they really don't do it justice!

We walked through the castle and I took this shot right after coming out. Loved the angle.

The view down Main Street. As you could see it was very crowded. It was almost time for the Disney Electrical Parade.

We went to view the "Hall of Presidents". It was really cool. They had all the Presidents past and present. Click here to read about it...I would recommend it:) Here are a few pictures:

After this we took advantage of the fact that there was a parade going on (we have already seen it several times) and we went and did the Jungle Cruise ride, Pirates of the Caribbean ride and the People Movers ride. We stayed at the park until about 11:00 and then decided to head back to the hotel.

Sunday we decided to spend the day at The Hollywood Studios.


Every park had their own Christmas Tree. I took a picture a picture during the day and one at night. Here is the one during the day:

Walking into Hollywood Studios here is the famous Hollywood Tower of Terror...No we didn't do this ride...I have done it once and that was enough!

The first thing we did was try to get some fast pass tickets to do the Toy Story Mania ride, however, they ran out of fast passes in the first hour so we had a choice of just waiting or not doing it. We decided to go ahead and wait it out. It turned out to be 2 hours in that line with the most annoying kids in front of us and in back of us...but the ride was worth the wait. It was kind of like the Buzz Lightyear ride, but it was 3D.

We did the American Idol Experience again. It is really cool. They have 3 people perform and they are judged just like on TV. We vote for them and the one that wins goes on to perform in the final show that night. Whoever wins receives a "golden ticket" to be put first in line at an audition at the real American Idol auditions. Here are a few pictures:





Jeff Cowart won...he was really good!

We had lunch at the Prime Time Cafe which was really good! The waiter was really funny and the man that seated us was very friendly.

We did The Great American Movie Ride, which we both really enjoyed.

We did the backlot tour...they did some stunts and showed us how they do them...

Then we rode a tram around the lots and they showed us some other cool stuff:


We did alot of walking around. We heard about this light show they do at night and we had to see it. IT WAS AMAZING! It is a whole street of lights and they play music and the lights dance to the music. Here are a few pictures. It also snows while they did the show...it was awesome! Again the pictures don't do it justice!




This picture was taken while the lights were dancing...I lightened it up a bit so you could really see us because it was dark.

After the light show we were exhausted and decided to head for the hotel. On the way out I took a few more pictures...one of the Mickey Sorcerer Hat and the Christmas tree...so pretty!!

Stay tuned for Part 2...I still have 4 days to tell you about...I took over 300 pictures...LOL


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin