Sunday, October 17, 2010

Our trip to North Conway, NH (Lots of Foliage pics)

Yesterday we took a day trip up to North Conway, Hew Hampshire...we wanted to get some pictures of the fall foliage at its peak...and pictures we got! I absolutely LOVED the White Mountains in the fall. The colors were gorgeous!! We drove up to the a covered bridge gift shop that had a river flowing under it...that is where I got these first few pictures...



After we went here we drove down a ways to the Christmas Loft store. I love this store! It has about anything you need for the holidays!

After doing some shopping here we were ready to eat some lunch...we went to a place called Scarecrow Pub and Grill. It was really good! I got an open faced turkey sandwich with stuffing and fries...I could only eat the sandwich and stuffing...the fries were a little too much! But it was delicious!

Then we drove down a bit farther into North Conway and stopped at a craft fair they were having. I think we were a bit disappointed. They didn't really have alot and so we ended up going and checking out a few shops. Kevin, Joe and I went into a store called "Zebs" and it had alot of penny candy...it was a General Store so it had just about everything...


We thought we would drive down by Wild Cat Mountain..but alot of the leaves were off the trees and it was more windy and not worth the drive...so we turned around and on the way back we stopped at a scenic view that was beautiful!! Here are some pictures of it...
Pardon the hair...it was a bit breezy! LOL

My hubby...


After this we went to the Christmas Tree Shops and then headed down the Kancamangus highway and stopped at the Lower Falls...


Joe, Kristen and Kevin
Kristen and me...
It was sooooo cold and windy...but it was so worth it!! I had posted some of these pictures on Facebook and one of my friends from work told me that she had seen on the news were a married couple were at Lower Falls Saturday morning (we were there in the afternoon) and the husband fell into the water and the wife tried to help him and fell in also...the current was a bit heavier and stronger since we had that big rainstorm on Thursday night and they found them a mile down the river drowned...that really freaked me out...we were there about 5 hours after this happened...they were in their 50's I guess. So sad:(

After this we decided to head towards home...we stopped at a seafood restaurant called Newicks. It was really good! It was a HUGE place and packed full of people! Once we were done there we headed for home....got home and ended up staying up until about midnight and plopped!! I slept in until 9:00 this morning! Had a few errands to run (grocery store and BJ's) and then came home to spend the rest of the day with my husband and Riley...he amazes me...after being home for 13 hours yesterday he didn't even have an accident...he made it outside and did his business! We very rarely leave him that long so it was a surprise! He is a good boy...we brought him home a moose toy and a T-shirt from N. Conway that says "wicked cute" with some halloween decorations on it...:)

Well that was our day...I hope you enjoy the pictures...and I will chat with y'all later!

4 comments:

Ace said...

Those clouds are amazing! Beautiful fall pics!

~Kristen~ said...

The Whites Mts ROCK!!! The best place evaaaa!!!

Furry Bottoms said...

Looks like you had a great day! :) I don't think I've ever seen Kevin with that kind of hair do... a new look for him! :)

Tracie said...

Those pics are amazing!! Hmmm - I wonder if I left the kids alone for 13 hours what my house would look like??

Blog Widget by LinkWithin