Tuesday, June 16, 2009

JFK Museum...

Today Kevin and I decided to go to the JFK Museum/Library. I didn't realize until we saw the building and coming home that you can see the Museum from our apartment. Pretty cool:) First we went into a theatre to see a 17 minute movie about JFK's life from his young teenager years until he became President of the United States. It was very interesting. Then you can walk through and see all the exhibits. It was really nice because it is a self guided tour so you can go at your own pace and spend as much time looking at things as you want. Here are some of the pictures I took. We had a great time and recommend that anyone that comes to Boston check it out!:)


JFK's sailboat



Robert Kennedy's desk

1850 edition of the Douay English translation of the Holy Bible brought to America from Ireland by John F. Kennedy's forebears. It contains a handwritten chronicle of the Fitzgerald family from 1857. JFK took the presidential oath of office on this Bible on January 20, 1961.
The Presidential Debate Room
The Resolute Desk. This replica of the historic desk, which was such and important part of President Kennedy's office, is symbolic of Anglo-American friendship. The desk's rich history is inscribed on the brass plaque on the front of the desk.

The exhibit of the first man on the moon.
A moon rock.
A piece of the Berlin Wall

6 comments:

Ace said...

Looks like a fun day!

~Kristen~ said...

I think the last time I was at the JFK museum I was in high school, so we are talking over 20 years ago! I am loving reading your posts about your explorations of Boston. Since I have lived here my whole life I take a lot of it for granted. I love when I have friends visit from out of state because I will go see things I otherwise wouldn't get around to doing because it is always there. I am happy you and your hubby are loving Boston!!! :-)

Unknown said...

looks like a cool museum! :)

Furry Bottoms said...

I see Kristen made it over to your blog, yay! :)

That museum sounds like fun! The Tillamook cheese factory had self guided tours, and you could rush thruogh that and then spend hours in the gift shop. Speaking of Tillamook, do they have that in Boston?

Unknown said...

No they don't have Tillimook ice cream:( They have a brand named Friendly's. There is a restaurant also named Friendly's. I do miss my Tillimook!!

Crazee Juls said...

You always do suchfun things. Thanks for sharing. And thank you for your kind words. It really means a lot right now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin