Thursday, June 4, 2009

My husbands favorite dinner in the whole world!!


I don't even have to ask my husband what he wants for dinner because he will usually say the same thing...Mexican Casserole...I tried this recipe and he loved it!! Thought I would share it with everyone and if you try it please let me know how you liked it...:) I posted a picture. I meant to take it before we dug into it but forgot...now you can see what it looks like inside! LOL

1 lb lean ground beef
1 can (15 to 16 oz) spicy chili beans, undrained
1 cup salsa (mild, medium, hot...any of them work)
2 cups broken tortilla chips
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
4 medium green onions sliced (1/2 cup)
1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese (4 oz) I tend to use the mixture of both and I use more than I should...I love cheese..:)

Heat oven to 350. Cook beef in 10 inch skillet over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in the beans and salsa. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
Place broken tortilla chips in ungreased 2 quart casserole. Top with beef mixture. Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle cheese and top with green onions and tomato. Bake uncovered 20 - 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Calories: 235, Fat 9 g, Sodium 590, Carbohydrate 19g, Fiber 4g, Protein 23g
6 Servings

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Christa! Thanks for tellin me to stop by! :) That dinner looks YUMMY! I however will not be making a MExican Casserole for a while since my picky boyfriend didnt care for dinner last night and I will be eating this one all week and into the weekend! lol I lvoe it- but I dont care to eat leftovers for 5 days. lol Hey maybe I will freeze some!!??

Notes and letters to myself.... said...

Christa! I found your blog how cool is that. I can't wait to try out this recipe! Love, Marna

Furry Bottoms said...

Looks yummy!!!! :)

Ace said...

Looks good! We have a lot of something we call Frito Pie (chili cheese fritos, shredded cheese and chili, that's it!) and a lot of tacos and taco salads. I've kind of burnt the family out on mexican type dishes. But I WILL try this one as soon as everyone's ready again!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin