Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday Cell Phone Collage

Today Kevin and I went to breakfast at Bickfords. It was ok. The eggs and bacon were good but the potatoes were a little bland. We then decided to take another drive out to the Wrentham Outlet Mall and walk around and get some fresh air. We walked around and enjoyed the nice weather. The Calphalon outlet store had a sale going for a set of pots and pans with a $100.00 rebate to boot! We have been thinking of getting new pots and pans. We have been saving up to get some nice pans that will last alot longer than the ones we have. We went to Bertucci's for lunch which is an Italian restaurant. It was very reasonably priced and we had some pizza. They also served bread with olive oil you can dip it in and the oil has minced garlic, rosemary, basil and red pepper flakes. It was really good. I know that when I blog about what we do every Saturday you see we go out to eat...we have cut back to eating out to one day a week instead of 2-3 days a week which we did before we moved...I have been using my kitchen alot more and will be trying out some new things in the next week or so...
Which brings me to the next thing we did. We stopped at Borders so that I could get a cookbook from a show I have been watching called "Cook yourself Thin". The show is so great and all the recipes are in the book. On the show they don't tell you how much of this and that they use so the cookbook was a good thing to get if you want to make it right! It has so many low calorie low fat recipes and Kevin and I are going to start eating better and exercising so this will help alot! So you will probably not see too many more mosaic's with restaurants in the future! :)
We went to the South Shore Mall and while we were there we saw a security guard on a segway riding around the mall...Looked like the Mall Cop in the movie! Since it was filmed mostly at this mall I took a picture of the Miltons store which was in the movie. I wanted to get a picture of the guy on the segway but he sped away too fast..LOL
We then came home and Kevin fell asleep on the couch. He will not be happy with me that I took a picture of him sleeping but I can't help myself! He is so cute!! :) I also took a picture of my macaroni salad I made yesterday. It was a family recipe on Kevin's side (his Grandma Weltz). I have to say it came out quite tasty! (Don't worry Mom...we still love yours too!)
Check out ACE's blog for her mosaic as she is the one that showed me how to do it! I look forward to Saturdays so that I can share my days with you all! Ta Ta for now!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

AW, I love you too Christa! :-D

Lyndsay said...

There's Dori...the funny thing is I'm listening to Finding Nemo on TV right now. Sounds like you guys had a great day.

Unknown said...

Thats a great cookbook and I too love the show! They actually do list the ingredients and measurements of the recipes but they do it SO fast that I have to keep rewinding adn pausing to write it FAST! lol I just got it last week so let me know if you make anything!! :)

Ace said...

Love the picture of hubby napping! Superman would KILL me if I included one like that!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin