Thursday, August 13, 2009

Part 1....over with!

Well today I went in to the Dentist for Part 1 0f 3 visits I will have to have. Today we did the root canal. I had the sedation and I will tell you right now I wouldn't have done it any other way. They hooked me up to a monitor to keep track of my pulse, blood pressure and oxygen level. He crushed a pill and put it under my tongue to melt which I guess gets it in my system faster and less goes to the liver. It took a couple doses and I was in la la land...I was still awake and could hear things going on but very relaxed. To me it seemed like it took maybe 45 minutes but I guess it took 2 1/2 hours!! He said I ended up sleeping through most of it. I love that dentist...he truly made me feel at ease and he knew what he was doing. The good news is he was able to save the tooth. He asked me before we started that if he went in and found that the tooth was too decayed and not savable if it would be ok to pull it. I said of course. Luckily we didn't have to go that route!

Afterwards Kevin took me home (I don't remember getting from there to home! LOL) and Kevin said I made some soup. I got the hiccups and couldn't get rid of them...after eating I crawled into bed and was still hiccuping pretty hard but somehow ended up falling asleep! Kevin came in and checked on me and took a short nap with me. I am still a bit loopy and my gum is a little sore and achy but other than that it feels good. The dentist even called me personally to check on me and make sure I was doing ok. I thought that was very nice of him. He said to eat soft things on that side so it doesn't irritate it and continue taking over the counter pain meds unless the pain was really bad then take the stronger pain meds (which are really to be used after part 2 the gum surgery) which isn't until September 8th.

So overall it went well. I would do it again. I love this dentist and would recommend him to anyone that is scared of the dentist. He cares about his patients and you feel very comfortable.

I am going to go watch the Patriots game and Big Brother...ta ta for now...:)

5 comments:

Ace said...

I'm so glad it went well! It sure makes the rest of the visits easier when you know what to expect and have a great dentist!

Unknown said...

Im so glad things went well for ya! :) Its so important to find a dentist that you like and trust! :)

A New England Girl said...

Ouch!! The dentist is never fun... but I am glad you like yours and that things went well! I hope you feel better soon. :)

~Kristen~ said...

So happy for you that it went well! I can "hear" in the tone of your post that you are feeling much better about all of this now! :-)

Furry Bottoms said...

I wonder if there is anyone out here who does sedation... Hmm.... Im so glad it went well. I was thinking of you all day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin