Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday Cell Phone Collage

Today was a wonderful day!! It was beautiful out...about 80 degrees and not humid and Kevin planned our day but didn't tell me where we were going. I figured it out about 3/4 of the way there...we had talked about going to Mystic, CT someday and since we were going that way I guessed it:) It is a seaport town and have lots of shops and an aquarium and boat rides. It was so nice!! We also just happened to come to Mystic when they were having an Arts and Crafts fair! So the first thing we did is find Mystic Pizza which was from a movie back in the 80's with Julia Roberts. You can't go to Mystic Pizza and not have a slice or two of it...just like you can't go to Philadelphia without having a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich! So we had a slice with a nice salad and it was so good!! Then we walked our butts off for the next few hours at the craft fair. We saw alot of paintings that we liked but they were a little pricey...so we decided to wait and save up some money and find one another time. We were so exhausted when we got done! Kevin said we walked at least 3-4 miles in all! That's why I feel blisters on my poor little feet! LOL

I took a couple of self portraits...I didn't like one of them but when I changed it to black and white I liked it better....I think Kevin and I both agree that this is our favorite place we have visited so far. They have the prettiest houses there...I took a couple pictures of my favorites. I didn't get sunburned but the freckles came out in full force!! I always joke I never tan but I get so many freckles that they run together and then I look tan! LOL

I hope you all had a great weekend. Check out ACE's blog. She is the creator of the Saturday Cell Phone Collage and she will tell you how to do it if you would like to.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

~Kristen~ said...

Mystic is such a fun little town!!! They actually used to have a cute little stamping. scrapbooking, and sewing store there but I think it is gone. But still all the other shops are so fun and you can't beat having a slice at Mystic Pizza!!!

Furry Bottoms said...

Loks like you had tons of fun! Mystic... you forget about what all there is back East until you're living there!

What does Mystic Pizza have on Round Table anyway? :-P

Ace said...

What a fun day! You guys are always doing some kind of fun exploring!

Unknown said...

that town looks cute! I love walking around looking at places like that!

I always like B&W pics of myself better too- strange huh? I think my red blotchy face looks better. :)

A New England Girl said...

That sounds like a great day!! I have done some research on Mystic and we, at some point, are headed down there for all of the fun Halloween activities they have. You should look some up! Or, if you're interested, I can email some of them to you. They look like a great time! I love your collage, too. We were down in CT this weekend and enjoyed the same weather... too beautiful. :)

Ashley said...

I have something for you over at my blog!!1

Blog Widget by LinkWithin