Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday Cell Phone Collage....

Today Kevin and I got up bright and early and headed out to Springfield, MA where they were having The Big "E"...what is the Big "E" you ask? It is the Eastern States Exposition...a fair like the one I grew up with in Seattle. It was an hour and a half away so we wanted to get out there early before traffic got really bad. The fair opened at 8:00 a.m. and we decided to leave the apartment by 8:00. We got there at about 10:30 (we stopped at a service stop to use the restroom and grab something to eat). It wasn't too crowded yet but MAN we had to park at least a half mile away...and that was on the lot where everyone parks! People were also trying to have people park in their parking lots...and the prices started out at $10.00 and by the time we left they raised it to $20.00!! Only because the fair lot was full so people had to park somewhere! As we left the traffic coming in was crazy backed up! I was so glad we came early! It was so much fun!!
We went through a few demonstration exhibits where they have everything from food to jewelry to sell. The only thing we ended up buying was a new harness for Riley and a toy...he deserves it for being home all day while we were out having fun...he had a nice long nap:) And some knives...only $20.00 and you got alot for your money!! We also walked through some of the state house exhibits. They had ones for all of the New England States...showing things you can do and foods you can taste from those states. For example Maine had a huge potato bar in there for people to make their own baked potato...and Vermont had some pure maple syrup...it was very cool. The only states we didn't go into was Connecticut and New Hampshire...we figure we need to save something to see next year:)
They had everything from Hamburgers to Fried Dough...they didn't have the scones that we usually get from our fair in Puyallip, WA. New England's fair sweet is the Cream Puff...it looked really good but we decided to be good and not have any. Its not good for a diabetic even if we split one...and besides I didn't want to waste some good Weight Watchers points! For lunch we both had a hot dog..shared some fries and a Coke...I thought it was Diet Coke but she gave us regular Coke...I usually notice but didn't this time...so of all the things I could have eaten I think we did really good!:)
After 3 hours of walking around we were exhausted! Kevin still had to drive for an hour and a half to get home so we decided to get going. I can already feel my hips getting stiff and sore...I haven't walked that much in a long time!! If I don't lose weight on Monday I will be surprised!!
For those of you who don't know...Ace is the one that started this Saturday Cell Phone Collage...check out her blog for instructions on how to do it...I LOVE her blog!:) I hope you all had a great day!!
Click on the mosiac and you can see all the photos individually and leave some comments if you would like!:)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun! I wish I was with. They have weird food!

Ace said...

Looks like a good day! And it looks like your weather has been much better than ours! Lots of rain here lately. I mean LOTS.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin