Sunday, September 13, 2009

My new Pantry!! :)

I am really excited...I know this sounds weird but when we moved in we had to use a corner behind the living room chair to make a pantry for us to be able to store our foods. Our cabinets in our kitchen were too small and we just didn't have room. I worked really hard last Friday to clean out all of our closets so that I could make one of them into a pantry. Today Kevin and I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a really nice shelf. I knew it would fit because I measured the space IN the closet. I put it together and we tried to put it in the closet and realized that YES it does fit IN the closet...but I didn't take into consideration that the DOOR would be less space than the inside of the closet! You got it...I COULDN'T GET IT IN THE CLOSET! So....I had to take it apart and then put it together while it was in the closet...talk about exercise! I was sweating up a storm!!

Then I used my lovely cart that I bought for lugging our groceries and used that to transfer the food from the corner of the living room to the new pantry. I am going to post the before and after pictures...tell me what you think:) I LOVE it:)




5 comments:

2Bmeagain said...

You're new pantry looks GREAT! Bet you love having your food out of your living room.

~Kristen~ said...

That looks AWESOME!!!!!! You must be so thrilled to not have everything in the living room!!!

Ace said...

Very nice! Our past 2 houses had giant walk in pantries. The house we're in now has a closet pantry about half the size of a normal closet. I hate it. I'm surprised the shelves haven't fallen down with all the stuff I pile in there!

Unknown said...

Love it! We just did a stock up shopping and I have bags of can goods on my floor right now. Im going to re-arrange my pantry this week and get things organized. Im excited! Strange huh? lol

Furry Bottoms said...

It really looks fantastic!!! You had me fooled for a second though-- First and Second pictures are the same, so I thought oh no she couldn't make it work... but then I scrolled further down. Fantastic job! I love those shelves... !!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin