Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Walk in the Park!

Riley and I decided to try taking a walk to the park that is just over the bridge. From looking at it from a distance I saw that it had some walking trails. So we headed out and walked over the bridge...you have to walk up a bunch of stairs to get up on the bridge. When we first got up there Riley jumped up on the curb and quickly realized that there are big cars on the other side driving by...so I pulled him down and he stayed on the other side! It was a nice walkway that I felt safe having Riley walking with me...good separation from the traffic. Once we got over the bridge we then went under it and ended up on the trail through the park. There are all kinds of paths you can take...and along the way they have benches you can sit and take a rest...it was an AWESOME park! I plan on taking alot more walks there! I think that we overdid it for the first walk though...poor Riley was so hot by the time we got home he was panting like crazy. I have learned a lesson though..take WATER...and water for Riley..next time I will bring a backpack so I can carry a bowl and water and bring my other camera to get some pretty pictures. I took too many to post so I made a collage. If you want to see the pictures larger with captions click on the collage and it will take you to the larger pictures...:)

The bridge goes over Neponset River and it is so pretty! There were alot of people walking and running and even riding their bikes on the trails. In fact as I walked on the trail I walked in the middle of a group of people with those yellow vests on and picking up trash...and a van was driving up behind me...we decided to sit and take a rest for a few minutes and realized that the group were inmates doing community service!! Yikes. But they were all well behaved and we got up and continued our walk. Riley did really good...only stopped me a few times to sniff the grass here and there...but allowed me to take a good brisk walk. I feel awesome! It wasn't super sunny but it was warm and humid...so by the time we got home we were both really hot!

I hope your all having a great day!! Almost the weekend! Ta Ta for now!


Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Ace said...

Fun pictures! I left you some comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin