No this was not a picture of me getting the shot! Got it from Google images!
Yeah...this is the fun time I had this morning...went to the orthopedist and he told me that my shoulder tear/fraying of the rotator cuff muscle wasn't bad enough to require surgery...so I was very happy about that. He did suggest that I take a higher dose of anti-inflammatory medicine (I was only taking about 800 milligrams a day and he wants me to take 2400 milligrams!! Also he suggested I do a cortisone shot to help start the process of it feeling better. I have had cortisone shots in my foot before and I knew that it would hurt and make me ache for a couple of days before it would feel better...but I asked him what he thought I should do...and he suggested the shot and then start physical therapy again next week.
Soooo it hurt like a son of a gun...and as expected my arm is aching pretty bad tonight...after the shot I got really hot, nauseous and dizzy (this happened when I had foot surgery and they put the IV in) and he had me lay back and put my feet up for about 10 minutes...then I felt better. It didn't help that I hadn't eaten anything yet...the appointment was supposed to be at 8:00am, however when I arrived to get my X-ray done at 7:30 they didn't have an order from the Dr. so I had to wait for the office to open...and by the time I got the X-ray done and upstairs it was 9:00 and then we sat in the Dr. office for 45 minutes before he came in...ugh!
After that we went to IHOP for a late breakfast...felt alot better having food in my stomach. We stopped at the storage unit to get our summer sandals and then we went to Stop and Shop to pick up my prescription. We picked up a few groceries and headed for home:)
We are now watching the 1st season on Glee...and so far its pretty good...:) I hope everyone had a great day! Tomorrow we are going to a comedy club with our wonderful friends Kristen and Kevin...I will post on that either tomorrow night or Sunday...(the show isn't until 9:30 so I will probably not get home until late)...so it will probably be Sunday. Ta Ta for now! :)








2 comments:
Im sorry about the shot but I'm glad that you're finally on the road to recovery! Let me know how the comedy club goes. I went a few times in CA and loved it... just be prepared for a 2 drink minimum! Well, that was CA who knows about Boston... and that's 2 drinks per person minimum...
Looking forward to tonight!!! No drink minimum at the club we are going to...but if there were I would drinks yours for you!!! I have to spend the day with 30 six and seven year olds...uuuughhh!!!
Post a Comment