Today we had Kevin's Dad and Sandy here for a visit. They were on a cruise that was making a day stop in Boston. We went and picked them up at the Black Falcon Pier and brought them back to the apartment to meet their granddoggie:) They had never met Riley before so Riley was pretty excited. They loved the apartment and the view from the windows...we asked them what they would like to do and Kevin's Dad mentioned Quincy Market...so we hopped in the car and drove downtown and parked at the Boston Commons. We walked through the park and took them by several landmarks including the graveyard that has Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, John Hancock and Benjamin Franklin's mother is buried. We then walked down to the Quincy Market and walked through the market. Kevin and I have never been inside Quincy Market because usually it is packed on the weekends. Since today was Monday it wasn't so bad. It was mainly like a food court where you can get anything from fresh clams to cannolis.
We walked around outside of the market and looked at some jewelry and hats waiting for Durgin Park restaurant to open for lunch...it is a historical place to eat...however it was 10:45 and they didn't open until 11:30. Kevin and I hadn't eaten breakfast so we were pretty hungry. We decided to eat at Cheers. It was really good! After eating we decided to head back to the car and we were going to drive them around Quincy and show them Wollaston Beach. We parked and took some pictures...used the restroom and took a drive towards Salem...we only made it up to Lynn, MA and decided to head back because Dad and Sandy had to be back at the ship by 4:30 and we didn't want to risk them being late and missing the boat!:) We had a great time! I have lots of pictures...so enjoy!!
Beautiful scarf that Dad and Sandy bought on their cruise for me...they got Kevin a baseball hat that said Quebec on it:) Thank you we love it!!
Dad and Kevin walking through the park...
Quincy Market
Walking through Quincy Market...lots of food!
Farmers Market...couldn't resist the flowers...so pretty!
Close up on the flowers!
Walking through the outside portion of Quincy Market
More flowers...cute little scarecrow!
Close up!
Can you tell I love flowers?? So many colors!
Mums...
More Mums!
Dad and Sandy..taking a break!
Father and Son at the Cheers Bar for lunch...
Me and Sandy...
Taken at Wollaston Beach...just loved the tree and water behind it...

Kevin and I chillin at the beach!

Dad and Sandy chillin also!
We had a wonderful visit! It was a day full of sightseeing and fun! Love you guys!






4 comments:
Whoa Christa! Look at you, you can tell you've been losing weight! I'm glad you had a good day with the in-laws. I caught a peek of you at the other Kevin's party! Pretty shirt. And isn't Quincy Market a lot like Pikes Place?
What a wonderful day... It must have been so nice to see them while they had a little bit of free time in your new home city. :) The photos are wonderful! What a gorgeous day. :)
Look like you had a fun time!!! I hope you didn't stress too much about cleaning the apartment!!! lol Kevin and his Dad look a lot alike and Sandy looks very sweet! Probably a good thing you guys didn't make it to Salem...they probably would've missed the boat for sure! It is Haunted Happenings month and traffic during the entire month of October in Salem, whether it is a weekend or weekday, is horrendous!
Nikki, I have never been to Pikes Place but from what I know from people who have been and from pictures is that it and Quincy Market are very similar...except Quincy Market doesn't have the fish tossing! :-)
What a great day! I had no idea what Quincy Market was until I saw the pictures, we went there too when we were there! Man, I love your city! (probably more than I love mine, shhhh!)
Post a Comment