Normally I do a wordless Wednesday where I post a picture with no explanation...however I can't do that today. Today would have been my Aunt's 56th birthday...I say would have been because she passed away 13 years ago from complications of a bone marrow transplant. She was more than just an Aunt to me...we were very close! We would spend hours talking to each other on the phone...and when we were visiting Oregon my sister and I would stay at her house and we would be up until all hours of the night talking and having so much fun! I miss her so much sometimes it just breaks my heart!
My happiest memory of her is when I was 16 we went to Oregon and my birthday was while I was there visiting. I had just lost a bunch of weight and I was wearing these nice white shorts and a half shirt...you know the half shirts that were "in" in the 80's...well I hadn't seen her since I lost the weight and my sister and I walked to her house to surprise her and she was so excited she slapped me on the butt and said "your skinny!"....it was so funny!! She could always make me feel better when I was down...and I was there for her too...
My sister and I went to see her before she went into the hospital for her bone marrow transplant and I brought her a Fenton glass angel...she took it with her to the hospital and when she passed away my Uncle used it as part of the memorial service and then after the service he gave it back to me to keep...it is the most special thing that I own...I miss her so much and felt that even though she is gone...I still want to celebrate her birthday...she is one of the special women in my life that has made me who I am...I still think she had a part in bringing me and Kevin together...she always wanted to see me married and find someone to love....:)
Happy Birthday sweet K'lynn...







6 comments:
That's so sweet.
(p.s. I had the big glasses too, except mine were RED and I got called Sally Jesse Raphael a lot. Remember her?!)
What a sweet post. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I am thrilled to hear about such a special and unique relationship between the two of you.
Hugs.
After 10 years, Christa, those glasses STILL make me laugh! :)
GREAT pic of you and your sweet Aunt (loving the 80's poofy 'do, girlie!!!). And such a sweet tribute to someone that obviously loved you as much as you love her!!! Big hugs!!! xoxo
What a sweet post. I like to think she and I would have gotten along really well. I wish I could have met her, she always sounds like she was full of life and fun and that's the best way to live. loves.
That was a sweet tribute..and I had those same glasses I think!
Post a Comment