Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What a day....

I sure wish I knew if this was a cold or allergies! I know that the pollen count here is pretty high when you see the yellow pollen on the cement! I have had a stuffy/runny nose and sneezing quite alot lately. Had a sore throat last week but that is gone. Who nose...sorry couldn't resist!

One thing I never really thought about living on the water...with the humidity and summer heat there will be alot more bugs and bug bites. Kevin has type 2 Diabetes and he has already been getting bit alot. He has one spot on his leg that is red and hurting him a bit. Last night I felt it and it was warm to the touch so we will be going to the doctor tomorrow as they wanted to see him asap to make sure it isn't an infection. When you have Diabetes the bugs are 3 times more likely to bite you because they can smell the "sweet" skin and I have read on the internet that the blood is also sweeter. And it is alot easier for diabetics to get infections. So please keep him in your thoughts for tomorrow...

I did venture out today by myself and go to Target. You may think that isn't a big deal but I am terrified of driving in strange places. Target is not just a mile down the road like it was in Seattle. I had to get on the freeway and drive in another strange town to find it. I got a little lost but thank god for my GPS I found my way there and home! I hope your all having a wonderful day...I have to go finish some laundry..YIPEE!

5 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

I know that with Bees, they are attracted to your perfume, so I can imagine it would happen with Diabetes too. Well, no wonder you're in love with Kevin, he is too sweet for you to resist ;)

Unknown said...

Yup..he is the sweetest!!

Ace said...

I know what you mean about driving. We've been here 15 months and just recently feel comfortable driving downtown if I have to.

Unknown said...

Hope all is well with Kevin! Bugs love me, and a mosquito bite on me gets golf ball size and infected due to over-scratching! So I can share his pain YIKES!

Its fun to venture out when your in a new place- I got lost today and I have NO GPS! lol Thanks god I saw the freeway sign or I might still be wandering around 2 towns over. lol sad.

~Kristen~ said...

heehee It is so funny hearing it called a "freeway" :-) We call it a highway here...not that it really makes a difference. I am just loving reading about your adventures discovering your new surroundings! I love "seeing" my home state through the eyes of people new to the area!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin