Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day Dad!!

I am the luckiest person in the world. This post is dedicated to the best Dad I could ever ask for! He worked so hard for his family and provided for us while my Mom was able to stay home to raise us. If it wasn't for him working so hard we wouldn't have had that gift. Just know Dad that even though I am a grown woman and living 3000 miles away I love you with all of my heart and I still am your "little girl" and always will be. I found a poem online that fit perfectly and so I am going to post it with some pictures...Love you Dad!! Have a wonderful day!! I wish I could be there with you! Enjoy the pictures...


Dad and Doug
Doug, Dad & Me with Ann (Grandma & Grandpa's dog)

Laurie
Dad and Bradley
Mom and Dad at Laurie's wedding
Sorry Dad..couldn't help but add this picture...it was one of my favorites of you being silly!
Dad and Laurie on her wedding day!
Me and Dad on my wedding day...don't know what we said to each other but I love the smiles:)

What Makes a Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,

He called it ... Dad

~~Author Unknown.~~

Love you forever!! Your loving daughter,


2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

So SO SO sweet :)

~Kristen~ said...

This is a GREAT post!!! Daddy's are THE BEST!!! Just got home from being with mine!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin