Today Kevin and I wanted to get out and take a drive. For the first time in what seems like forever we woke up to SUN!!! It was a beautiful day outside!! So we were going to go to Newport, RI and as we were driving Kevin suggested going to
Foxwoods which is a Casino resort in Norwick, CT. I said lets do it! It was about an hour and 45 minute drive but it was worth it! It was so much fun. We had a nice lunch at a place called Juniors. For those of you who watch Friends remember the episode where
Rachael and Chandler kept stealing their neighbors cheesecake and eating it...there was a scene when they dropped it on the floor and got down on the floor to eat it because it was
SOOOOOO good? Well this is the place where the cheesecake came from...well maybe not THIS place but it was a
Juniors cheesecake. We had lunch and then we shared a slice of cheesecake and I am telling you if I dropped it on the floor I would eat it off the floor too!! Yes it was that good!!
We then took $100.00 each and played the slot machines for about an hour and a half and we ended up coming out even...including lunch! So really we didn't even pay for lunch..the casino did! LOL
I took alot of outside pictures...because they don't allow you to take pictures IN the casino...I did sneak a picture coming out of the bathroom but its all blurry because of the lights..the drive was very pretty though! Now we have visited all of the New England states except Vermont. It was weird how we drove through Rhode Island in 45 minutes! We had a great day and we are looking forward to watching the 4th of July fireworks tonight on TV. If we are lucky we might be able to watch the show out our living room windows:)
Happy 4
th of July everyone!!!
The creator of the Saturday Cell Phone collage is
Ace. She has family in town this weekend so she might not do a collage this weekend. But check out her
blog. She is super sweet!:)

3 comments:
Sounds like a fun Saturday! Next time, though, go to Mohegan Sun!!! Soooo much nicer. Better restaurants, better shopping, nicer casino, younger crowd even during the day. Lots of fun stuff to do!!! But it you do go to Foxwoods again definitely head up the road about another 20 minutes south and go to Mystic CT. Fabulous little seaside town! Remember the 80's movie "Mystic Pizza" with Julia Roberts? The place actually does exist!!! And if you went 95 to Foxwoods you went right past North Attleboro MA (on the MA/RI border) and there is a cute scrapbook store there called Right At Home Scrapbooking, though I am sure they were closed for the holiday but at least now you know it is there! Someday we will just have to make plans to get together, us and our Kevins!!! They can drive us to all the scrapbooking stores!!! lololol
Hey, if your winnings paid for lunch I'd say that's a pretty good win!
Im glad you guys got to go play there!
Kevin does look happy. Kinda goofy happy :)
Did you like the cupcakes or were they a mite too rich?
Post a Comment