Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Not again...:(


My little man isn't feeling good again...he threw up again with a little bit of blood in it...called the vet and he said to put him back on the bland food diet and no treats or regular food until his stomach settles back down. I told him about the Chicken Jerkey treats that we give him and there are some other treats we give him that have rawhide and he said under no circumstances should Riley have any of those things ever again...he said that the jerky or rawhide can splinter and hurt his colon, stomach or esophagus...so no more of those for him...he will whine like crazy but they are going in the garbage!

If anyone else feeds your dogs these be very careful if you see them get sick with blood in it...because it could be the reason. I will be watching Riley over the next few days to make sure he gets better...the vet didn't see a reason to bring him in again unless he was not better by tomorrow...so we will be watching him closely...poor little guy...please keep him in your thoughts.....

5 comments:

Ace said...

Poor puppy! I took both of my boys in for shots today and ended up having to leave the big rowdy one there. He had to be sedated for his shots because he became so unruly! Come to find out he has an ear infection and I think he was afraid of them touching his ears.

~Kristen~ said...

Oh no! Poor little guy! Me and Kevin, and Bailey, are sending lots of love and good thoughts his way!!!

Furry Bottoms said...

What does the vet recommend for treats?

Unknown said...

aww :( I hope RIley feels better soon! (((HUGS)))

oh the hugs are for Riley....but I know from experience that pet owners need luv too when their pets are sick so hugs to you too! :)

A New England Girl said...

Poor little guy... I hope he feels better soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin