Friday, January 1, 2010

Reflecting on 2009 *LONG POST*

Wow...talk about a year of changes. Kevin was offered a job in Boston in December of 2008 and that started the changes...We had 3 months to get things ready for the movers to come and pack us up. I was having to consolidate from 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms to one bedroom one bath with a small den. I am getting a little ahead of myself here. Lets start from the beginning of the year...

In February my sister and I reunited with our childhood best friends who lived down the street from us. They moved to Utah when I was about 11 years old. It was so good to see them and it was almost as if we never were apart!

Then Kevin and I went to Boston to look for a place to live. A woman named Lauren did all the leg work for us and she had apartments for us to look at. We ended up choosing this apartment and we LOVE it!

The time just flew by and before we knew it we were packing and moving!

Mom helped me through alot of stuff...I had so much stuff that we gave to Goodwill and things I held onto for a long time that I finally disposed of. The movers came on March 25th to take our stuff to Boston....

Kevin had to leave a week before me because his job was starting on March 30th and we were not moving into our apartment until April 5th. Kevin left on March 27th and I stayed with my parents until April 3rd. Once I got to Boston we stayed in a hotel for a few nights and then moved into our apartment on April 5th...

The view from our apartment is amazing! The above picture was taken in the summer time with all the boats in the water and the green trees...it is zoomed in so you can see the skyline better.

We got settled in and my sister in law Carrie flew Riley over to join us on the plane. I wanted us to be moved into the apartment before he came so he wouldn't get so stressed out. He really had a hard time with the packing and moving so we thought this would be best. After we got settled we decided to take Riley to the beach for the first time. We live about 1o minutes away from Wollaston Beach...

He loved it!! We have had alot of adventures and had fun exploring all the different states around us except Vermont. We will save that until the fall. One of the best things that has happened to us since we moved here is we met some wonderful friends Kristen and Kevin thanks to Nikki! The day we met we went apple picking and had so much fun!! All four of us just clicked! We have had a great time together and we were going to spend New Years Eve together but I got sick:(

I took soooo many pictures of the fall colors...I was amazed at all the beautiful colors and trees.

In September we had a visit from some of our friends that Kevin used to work with. Randy and Elizabeth and Mary and Jerry. We went to Harvard to walk around and did some site seeing. Kevin wasn't feeling well so we had to cut the day short and go home...

Then in October Kevin's Dad and Sandy were able to stop by Boston for a day. They were on a cruise and it had a day stop in Boston. We took them downtown and showed them some of the sites and then went to the beach...

We spent our Thanksgiving with Kristen and Kevin's family. We had a wonderful time and they made us feel like family! It made it alot easier to spend it with them and not alone. The day after I made my very first turkey dinner with all the fixings all on my own!


I got a job at Liberty Mutual that I really wanted. I am so happy and blessed to have had such a wonderful year! I was able to get the time off to go to Seattle for Christmas...

Well that is about it...a wonderful year with lots of changes and new friends! I hope you all have a wonderful New Year and here is to another great year!!

2 comments:

Crazee Juls said...

Christa..>I loved it! The whole thing..the whole year. Thank you for sharing that. It was great to see the pictures of Nikki, too! :) Hope 2010, brings you many more great memories!! I'm glad that I got to "meet" you in 2009!!

A New England Girl said...

What a packed, crazy and hectic year - but a lovely one at that! I am so happy for all of your blessings in 2009. :) And I am so glad New England has become home to you! May 2010 be just as good, if not better! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin