Friday, August 28, 2009

Update on the Santa Claus Melon....

Well I cut up the Santa Claus melon I blogged about a few days ago. If you don't remember you can click here to view that post. I think I waited a little too long to cut into it because it was a little over ripe. When I cut it in half I could smell the sweetness!! It is a faint yellow color and I thought someone said it tasted like cantaloupe...to me it didn't really...but it was really good! I think it will taste even better when it is cold. It is super sweet!! Here are a few pictures of what it looks like inside...



5 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

So what does it taste like if not cantaloupe?

A New England Girl said...

I am still shocked about this whole thing... I have never even heard of it! I might have to do a google search. :) But of course, I'm going to have to take your word on its sweetness, as I don't anticipate finding one around these parts anytime soon! :)

Ace said...

Santa Claus melon? Never heard of it. Looks like a cantaloupe to me!

~Kristen~ said...

It almost looks like pineapple in that container. I don't know if I have ever seen one of those melons. I wonder why they call it Santa Claus?!

Unknown said...

@ New England Girl...I got it here in Massachusetts...it was with the special melons...at Stop and Shop.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin